Find Your Focus and Motivation Every Day!
We become real estate agents and investors for a lot of reasons, but the reasons most often cited are these:
1) We want the freedom to be our own boss and control our own schedule.
2) We don’t want to be told what to do, or when and how to do it.
3) We want to be financially secure and control our financial future.
The third goal is often in opposition to the first two goals. For many people, too much freedom is damaging to prosperity.
If you recognize that you have trouble keeping your nose to the grindstone, try to understand the source. Here are a few ideas:
- You get lost in the options and can't focus on one path...often called "shiney object syndrome."
- You are addicted to instant gratification and tend to quit if something isn't paying off right away.
- You enjoy your free time more than the hard work of prospecting for new business.
- You doubt your skill or purpose.
Each of these ideas involves a difficult choice that must be made constantly until you push past the challenge. The good news is that eventually it does get easier, especially when the money starts rolling in and you've found your "groove."
Until then, you must make a choice every moment of your working day...
"Will doing this or this get me closer to my goal of financial prosperity?"