Episode 113: Creating Better Value Through Zoning, with Adam Gilbert
Adam Gilbert is an entrepreneur who began his career as a civil litigation attorney but quickly found his passion for real estate. As President of The Firm Commercial, Adam leads a team of agents specializing in commercial real estate sales, leasing, land acquisition, development, government relations, and value-added entitlement deals. As Co-Owner and Operator of Gilbert Avriette Vacation Rentals, Inc., Adam managed 35+ vacation rentals concurrently throughout the Coachella Valley. Gilbert Avriette Vacation Rentals was acquired by Turnkey Vacation Rentals in June 2018.
Adam is also an investor and consultant advising on development projects related to land acquisition, entitlement, and build-out. His personal successes include the rezoning of an entire city block to produce a better and higher use for a property, the purchase and revitalization of the iconic Bump and Grind Plaza on Highway 111 in Palm Desert, and is currently working on a number of value add deals including another zone change project, a hospitality deal, and a drive thru entitlement project.
In his personal life, Adam is married to Palm Springs Mayor Christy Gilbert Holstege, and they recently welcomed their first child, Aden. Additionally, Adam currently serves as the immediate Past President of the Board of Directors for the Palm Springs Boys and Girls Club and is an active member of Entrepreneurs’ Organization – Inland Empire.
What You Will Learn:
- Who is Adam Gilbert?
- How did he start his real estate company?
- Adam shares how to use zoning to create value.
- What is zoning?
- How to structure deals to give you the most flexibility?
- Adam shares how to balance risk tolerance and investor protection.
- How to consider geography in investing in a property?
- Adam gives advice for those who want to do real estate investing.
- What are the ways to build and sustain an entrepreneurial investor mindset?
- Adam shares how he can be contacted.
Additional Resources from Adam Gilbert:
- Websites: https://www.thefirmcommercial.com/
- Phone: +1 (760) 408-8874
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amgilbert
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AdamGilbertESQ/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdamGilbert13
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/adamgilbert13/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTD2vJFDrxty2i42z10Gagw