Episode 116: Venturing Non-food Franchise Investment, with Jon Ostenson
Jon is a consultant, investor, author, and international speaker specializing in the area of non-food franchising. He draws on his experience as both the President of an Inc. 500 franchise system and as a multi-brand franchisee in serving clients across these capacities.
Jon serves as CEO of FranBridge Consulting where he helps clients understand all aspects of non-food franchising in the process of introducing them to opportunities from the over 300 high-growth brands that he represents. Additionally, Jon oversees FranBridge Capital where he and his partners own 17 territories across 5 property service franchises.
Jon is the author of ‘The Franchise Path’ and is a frequent contributor and thought leader for publications on the topic of franchising and franchise investments. Prior to FranBridge, Jon was the President of ShelfGenie, a national franchise system with 200 locations.
Prior to ShelfGenie, Jon was the Vice President of Sales for Carter’s Inc., responsible for over $350M in annual sales. Jon began his career as a Consultant with Accenture, often working Internationally on behalf of clients.
Jon has BBA and MBA degrees from the University of Georgia and lives in Atlanta, GA where he and his wife have 3 children and are active in the community.
What You Will Learn:
- Who is Jon Ostenson?
- What is Franchising?
- Franchising is hot, especially non-food – Who is buying and Why?
- Why are so many real estate investors buying franchises?
- How can franchises be run as passive/semi-passive?
- What are the pros/cons of franchising vs. starting a company from scratch?
- Jon shares that Franchising is not all about food.
- What sectors are there and which are resonating the most?
- What are the financials of franchising?
- How can individuals select the right franchise?
- Jon shares how she can be contacted.
Additional Resources from Jon Ostenson:
- Websites: https://franbridgeconsulting.com/
- Phone: +1 678 908 5673
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonostenson
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JonOstenson1/