Episode 117: Mastering Short Term Rental Investment, with Michael Sjogren
Michael is the host of the Short Term Rental Secrets Podcast and founder of the Short Term Rental Secrets Mastermind, a training, and mastermind program that helps investors launch, automate and scale their short-term rental portfolios.
Michael and his wife Krysten founded Occupied, LLC, a national short-term rental investment and management company in 2017, as a vehicle to build passive income so they could stop trading away time from family for a paycheck. That vision came to fruition within 18 months when their short-term rental portfolio replaced their income and Krysten and Michael both left their corporate jobs. They are based out of Boston, MA, and currently have a portfolio of 41 short-term rental properties across four states including 2 boutique hotels on Boston’s north shore.
What You Will Learn:
- Who is Michael Sjogren?
- Michael shares how they start in the business.
- What is Airbnb?
- How does Airbnb work?
- How to choose a property based on geography.
- Michael believes that you should not be in a major market for Airbnb to work.
- What are the factors to consider in venturing this Short Term Rental Investment?
- How to find the right kind of property for Airbnb?
- What are certain tools or methods in looking for a property?
- Michael shares how she can be contacted.
Additional Resources from Michael Sjogren:
- Websites: http://www.strsecrets.com/
- Phone: +1 (508) 981-7960
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mikesjogren
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/airbnbguy