Episode 121: Becoming a Successful Real Estate Investor, with Reed Goossens
Reed Goossens’ real estate investing journey first started back in 2009 when he picked up the little purple book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki. This book opened his eyes to a world of entrepreneurship that he was not aware existed. Up until this point, he was a subscriber to the conventional 9-5 career path. Something inside of him didn’t want to comply with conventional norms, and that he knew he had more to give in his life than just sitting in a cubicle for the next 50 years of his life. He wanted to take control of his life and Rich Dad Poor Dad was the book that changed it all.
His background is in civil/structural engineering and he has over 9 years of professional experience before taking the plunge full time into real estate investing and development. In his former engineering life, one of the career highlights was being involved with the infrastructure development of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London. He has also worked all over the world as an engineer including in Australia, NYC, Los Angeles, Fiji, and Europe.
He moved to the US in 2012 for the love of two things: Firstly, his wife (at the time his GF) and secondly the big apple, NYC! Within the first year of living in the US, he had purchased his first duplex for $38,000. This experience taught him a lot about the benefits of investing in cash flow here in the US. Barriers to entry are a lot lower compared to his homeland of Australia.
Since this time, he has gone on to start two multifamily syndication investing firms that have been involved in the acquisition of over $500 mill worth of real estate to date. He has also launched the podcast Investing in the US, wherein he interview the cream of the crop within the real estate industry to better educate other investors who want to break into the US market and start investing in multifamily real estate today!
What You Will Learn:
- Who is Reed Goossens?
- How did he become a Real Estate Investor?
- Reed shares how he creates his own successful business ecosystem.
- What is syndication?
- Personal stories and Branding is the best way to grow your business.
- Reed introduces his team, his partner in his success.
- How he makes money in land re-entitlement?
- Reed shares how he can be contacted.
Additional Resources from Reed Goossens:
- Websites: www.reedgoossens.com, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/investing-in-the-u-s/id1071004776, https://www.amazon.com/Investing-US-Ultimate-Guide-Estate/dp/1731042779
- Phone: 1-3235191111
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reed-goossens/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/reedgoossenspage
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reedgoossens
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuFEo0AYNmKTM4Fx3zbfQAw