Immediately after graduating from college, I began working for an independent advisory firm where I studied to become a Chartered Financial Analyst charter holder (CFA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP®). I was learning so much on a daily basis that I began taking detailed notes to absorb and retain the information.
Over time, bullet points turned to sentences and sentences turned to paragraphs.
In 2010, I launched an e-newsletter with the goal of educating people about investing and financial planning. That initial email went out to 34 people. Today, my e-newsletter has over 3,000 subscribers. My writing platform expanded when I began regularly contributing to Forbes in 2016 and The Wall Street Journal in 2017. In 2018, I signed a book deal with Wiley & Sons to write a book about turning career success into financial success.
Today I’m the Co-Chief Investment Officer at Plancorp, which manages over $4 billion of client assets as of December 31, 2018. I’m also the Co-Chief Investment Officer of a digital advisor called BrightPlan that emphasizes financial planning and is the first digital advisor to be a certified fiduciary by the Centre For Fiduciary Excellence (CEFEX).
What You Will Learn:
- How getting Nike stock from his grandmother at just 12 years old piqued Peter’s interest in investing and where that led him
- What Peter does to help people invest and plan for retirement as they juggle busy professional lives
- Why having a financial advisor is like having a professional lawnmower and the importance of hiring the right people
- The market’s volatility and how to plan for market corrections (they aren’t as bad as you think!)
- Variations in investing and markets across the states and strategies for investment during recessions
- Peter’s forecast for the future in investing and advice for keeping a positive mindset
- The meaning of wealth to Peter and his “why” for investing, building wealth, and helping others
Additional Resources from Peter Lazaroff:
- Assessment: www.smartmoneyquiz.com
- Website: www.peterlazaroff.com
- Company Website: www.plancorp.com
- Email: email@example.com
Additional Resources from Gary Wilson:
- My Investment Services Bronze Membership: https://edu.myinvestmentservices.com/bronze-level-membership
- My Investment Services Silver Membership: https://edu.myinvestmentservices.com/silver-level-membership